Specialists in deck-building in the Ipswich region
Looking for a decking Ipswich company that can provide you with the perfect decking solution for your home? Look no further than Ipswich Decking. We offer a wide range of decking services and products, so you can find the perfect one for your needs.
Our decking solutions are made from high-quality materials, so you can be sure they will last for years to come. We also offer a variety of customization options so that you can choose the perfect design for your home.
With deck builders Ipswich, you will get a beautiful deck that is built to last. We stand behind our products and services and are confident that you will be happy with your new deck.
Contact us today at (07) 3555 8933 to learn more about our decking solutions!
What is decking, and what are the benefits of using it for your outdoor space
Decking refers to the construction of a platform, usually wooden, that is used to create an outdoor living space. Its main purpose is to provide an attractive and practical area for entertaining and leisure activities. Decking can come in many shapes and sizes and is often made from treated lumber or composite materials such as plastic or vinyl. The primary benefit of decking is that it can provide a much more attractive, low-maintenance, and durable outdoor space than other ground surface materials such as concrete or dirt.
Decks are incredibly versatile and can be used for a variety of purposes, including creating an inviting seating area, providing additional space for entertaining guests, or simply adding to the aesthetic value of your home.
The different types of decking available from Ipswich Decking
Decking comes in a variety of materials and styles, from basic treated lumber to more expensive composite materials. Ipswich Decking offers a range of different types of decking for any budget, including:
• Pressure Treated Lumber – This is one of the most popular options for decks because it is affordable and easy to maintain. These planks are pressure-treated with a preservative to last longer and resist rot, so they are perfect for outdoor applications.
• Composite Decking – This is an excellent option if you want something more durable than pressure-treated lumber. It’s made from recycled materials that can withstand weather and moisture better than traditional wood decking. Composite decking is resistant to staining and fading, requiring little maintenance to keep looking great.
How to install decking in your backyard or garden
To install a deck in your backyard or garden, you will need to;
• Measure and mark the area where you want to build your deck.
• Dig post holes for each corner of the deck frame.
• Lay out the deck frame, making sure it’s level and securely attached to the posts.
• Install joists across the frame and attach them securely to the posts.
• Place decking boards on top of the joists and secure them into place with screws.
• Apply waterproof sealant to the deck boards to protect them from moisture damage.
• Cut away any excess material and sand down any rough edges.
• Attach railing around the perimeter of the deck if desired.
• Add decorative features like benches, planters and lighting.
The cost of decking and how it compares to other materials
Installing a deck is quite affordable compared to other outdoor building materials. The initial cost of wood decking can be significantly less than synthetic materials, and the potential savings are even greater when you factor in the long-term maintenance costs associated with composite or PVC decks.
When compared to patio stones or pavers, decking is a more cost-effective option. Decking materials can be purchased for a fraction of the cost you would pay for a patio made of bricks, concrete or stones. It is also much easier to install than other hardscaping options, which can save you time and money in labour costs.
Why choose us?
Decks are a wonderful addition to any home. They provide extra space for entertaining, hosting parties, or just relaxing in the sun. If you’re considering adding a deck to your property, Ipswich Decking is the company to call. We specialize in custom decks that are built to last. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Address: 7 Limestone Street, Ipswich QLD 4305
Telephone: (07) 3555 8933